The Drammys are happy to help publicize our parent organization’s call for new works. The Portland Civic Theatre Guild works year-round to serve and support the Portland theater community. Please read on below for their submission announcement for new plays for next year’s Fertile Ground Festival–the deadline for submissions is August 1st.
Portland Area Playwrights! Do you have a new play you would like read for Fertile Ground 2016?
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submissions from Portland area playwrights for a professional reading of a new play to be produced as part of Fertile Ground 2017. Here are the details:
- The reading will include paid professional director and actors.
- The playwright will receive a $200 honorarium.
- The reading will part of Fertile Ground 2017.
- Submissions must be original full-length plays that have not been produced (though previous workshops and readings are okay). Translations, musicals, and children’s plays will not be accepted. Playwrights must be from the Portland Metro Area.
- The play must have 1-6 characters. Plays with more than six characters will be disqualified.
- The play must not be scheduled for professional production at the time of submission.
- The manuscript must be written in standard professional play format.
- Please format the subject line of the email as follows: Title of play first, followed by Playwright’s Name, followed by 2017.
- Please include your name and contact information on the title page. A brief biography may be included at the end of the manuscript but is not required.
Submissions will be accepted electronically in PDF format. Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 1, 2016.
Previous winning plays include:
- The Sweatermakers by Andrew Wardenaar
- Love is Enough by Donna Barrows Green
- Deception by Nancy Moss
- Rimbaud’s Daughter in Louisiana (or the Drunken Pirogue) by Steve Patterson
Please direct questions to email@example.com.
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is an all volunteer organization. Its mission is to serve and support Portland’s theatre community. The Guild’s programs include:
- Portland Civic Theatre Guild’s First Tuesday Readers Theatre
- Awards and fellowships including the Leslie O. Fulton Fellowship, the Portland Civic Theatre Award in Support of Theatre, and the Mary Brand Theatre for Youth Program.
- The Drammys
More information about the Guild can be found at: www.portlandcivictheatreguild.org