Our mother-organization, Portland Civic Theatre Guild, would like you to submit your new play to her! And you KNOW we must always try to please our mothers! So read these details, and submit! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HERE”S WHAT SHE SAYS!
“Playwrights! Do you have a new play you would like read for Fertile Ground 2015?
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submissions for a professional reading of a new play to be produced as part of Fertile Ground 2015. Here are the details:
- The reading will include a paid professional director and actors.
- The playwright will receive a $200 stipend.
- The reading will be held at the Old Church as part of Fertile Ground 2015.
- Submissions must be original full-length plays that have not been produced (though previous workshops and readings are okay). Translations, musicals, and children’s plays will not be accepted.
- The play must have 1-6 characters. Plays with more than six characters will be disqualified.
- The play must not be scheduled for professional production at the time of submission.
- The manuscript must be written in standard professional play format.
- Please include your name and contact information on the title page. A brief biography may be included at the end of the manuscript but is not required.
Submissions will be accepted electronically in PDF format. Please send submissions to: email@example.com by August 4, 2014.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is an all volunteer organization. Its mission is to serve and support Portland’s theatre community. The Guild’s programs include:
- Portland Civic Theatre Guild’s First Tuesday Readers Theatre
- Awards and fellowships including the Leslie O. Fulton Fellowship, the Portland Civic Theatre Award in Support of Theatre, and the Mary Brand Theatre for Youth Program.
- The Drammys”
More information about the Guild can be found at: