Photo by Win Goodbody: portlandtheatrescene.com
We are getting closer, dear friends in theatre. We are getting closer to that wonderful event in the Crystal Ballroom! I’m already excited. So many great productions, so little time!
And on that note…I know I am a bit late with this, but here is the list of plays we covered at our last Drammy Committee meeting, on Monday, 25 November, 2013 (and thank you again to Tonkon Torp LLP for the use of their wonderful conference room). By the way, for the plays covered at our FIRST meeting, glance back to our blog post on September 24, 2013.
SECOND PERIOD PRODUCTIONS
- 9 to 5 The Musical/ Stumptown Stages
- Corrido Cavera/ Miracle Theatre Group
- Detroit/ Portland Playhouse
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde/ Theatre Vertigo
- Going On/ Headwaters Theatre
- James and the Giant Peach/ Northwest Children’s Theater and School
- Julius Caesar/ Post5 Theatre
- Kiss of the Spider Woman/Triangle Productions
- Lucky Stiff/ Broadway Rose Theatre Company
- Magic Treehouse: A Night in New Orleans/ Oregon Children’s Theatre
- Maleficia /String House Theatre
- Mistakes Were Made/ Artists Repertory Theatre
- Night Watch/ North End Players
- Richard III/ Northwest Classical Theatre Company
- SPAMALOT/ Lakewood Theatre Company
- Sweet and Sad/ Third Rail Repertory Theatre
- The Big Meal/ Artists Repertory Theatre
- Fiddler on the Roof/ Portland Center Stage
- The Mountaintop/ Portland Center Stage
- The Outgoing Tide/ CoHo Productions
- The Reluctant Dragon/ Tears of Joy Theatre
- The Revenants/ The Reformers
- The Song of the Dodo/ Portland Experimental Theatre Ensemble (PETE)
- The Submission/ defunkt theatre
- Wilde Tales/ Shaking the Tree
If you don’t see YOUR play in that list, and think you should, please let us know. BUT REMEMBER that to have been considered on November 25, a production must have CLOSED by then. (The same rule will apply at the end of the Drammy season in mid-May; a production must have closed by mid-May 2014 to be considered for the 2014 awards. Productions closing AFTER that will be considered the following year, we promise!)
Whew! that took a bit of typing. If you notice any spelling mistakes, please say so (gently). They will be corrected immediately, if not sooner, with our gratitude.
Incidentally, one of the reasons this list was a bit late in coming (in addition to all the holiday busy bustling we are all having to do) is that we have been beavering away (Is it okay to say that in America?) on the About page of this website. We have (with a little help from our more code-savvy kith and kin) finally worked out how to do page jumps, which we think make the whole page more user-friendly. So please do check it out. And while you’re at it, sign up for our email list, and click that nice little “follow” button. It makes us feel good when you do that!
Have a wonderful rest-of-holiday season. Thanks for all your wonderful work. And see you in the theatre!